2018 SILVER SCALPEL AWARD
BAST is looking for the best trainers in Belgium and we need your help! For the fourth time, we are organising the Silver Scalpel Awards. The award aims at nominating those trainers you wish to thank for their continuous efforts in helping you become the surgeon you want to be.
Who is the teacher that stands out in the crowd of trainers you have crossed along the way? Who makes you enthusiastic about your job and has helped you become a better doctor, surgeon and/or person?
Let us know by filling in the voting form and don’t forget to write us a short motivation on why you think he/she deserves this award.
The award will be presented on the Surgical night during the 2018 Belgian Surgical week on Thursday 3rd May 2018.
Voting is open untill April 15th 2018 to all Belgian surgical residents in training in 2018.
Silver Scalpel Award Alumni:
- 1st place: dr. Marian Vanhoeij, UZ Brussel, Jette
- 2nd place: dr. Frank Van Thielen, ZNA Jan Palfijn, Antwerpen
- 3rd place: dr. Dirk Vervloessem, ZNA Middelheim, Antwerpen
- 2016: Dr. Guido Vangertruyden, Jessa Ziekenhuis, Hasselt
- 2015: Dr. Franky Vansteenkiste, AZ Groeninge, Kortrijk