- This event has passed.
BGES-BAST Cadaver Course Upper GI @ Gent
Minimally invasive surgery is increasingly implemented in surgical centers all over Belgium. However, residents often lack the opportunity to perform advanced procedures. This course is intended to provide hands-on training on the most common advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures in the field of colorectal surgery. A faculty of experienced minimally invasive surgeons will guide you through the advantages and pitfalls of these procedures. The hands-on training in human cadavers will offer the trainees the opportunity to “rehearse” these procedures in the presence of experienced supporting teachers. Every participant will be able to perform at least one procedure in a human cadaver as a first surgeon.
Dr. M. Schoneveld
Dr. JP. Magema
Dr. E. Van Daele
PROGRAM 6th JUNE 2019
Our faculty will present a short technical update, followed by hands-on training.
8u30-9u15: Welcome + short presentation
9u30 – 12u30: Cadaver workshop: Nissen / Toupet
12u30 – 13u30: lunch
13u30 – 16u30: Sleeve gastrectomy / gastric bypass
16u30 – 17u00: Q&A
- Participants should be BAST & BGES member
- Priority for 5th & 6th year residents with strong interest in abdominal surgery
- Priority for residents who have not yet participated in previous cadaver courses
- Since cadaver courses demand a lot of effort and financial resources, a deposit of €150 will be asked upon registration, to avoid no-shows. The deposit will be refunded upon attendance.
- Limited capacity of 10 residents
Please register through the ticket service below. Fill in “1” in the RSVP box, click “Confirm RSVP” and subsequentially fill in your personal information. Your registration will be processed by us, please beware that your registration is final only when you receive our confirmation and the deposit is made.