The Belgian Association of Surgical Trainees (BAST) was founded by surgical trainees and for surgical trainees more than a decade ago. We represent all Belgian surgical trainees, across all Belgian universities. Currently, almost half of all Belgian trainees are BAST members! All residents are therefore more than welcome to join the BAST and are encouraged to take part in our meetings & courses.
News & Events
Unite & facilitate
Unite all surgical trainees across the country and facilitate the integration within the Belgian surgical community
Protect the interests
Protect the interests of the surgical trainee at multiple organisations including Speciality Boards (Erkenningscommissie/Commission d’Agrément), Collegium Chirurgicum (CC) and the Royal Belgian Society for Surgery (RBSS)
Stimulate surgical education and surgical training by way of multiple courses & workshops
PromotePromote an attitude of scientific involvement (f.e. our BAST trainers-trainees session at the Belgian Surgical Week)
Become a Member
Standard MembershipOur standard membership package
- The standard yearly fee is 20€ and includes the following membership package:
- 1. Free attendance of our courses on surgical techniques ( vascular suturing courses, cadaveric courses, laparoscopic training, …)
- 2. Join us on our different sessions, as a participant or speaker (you may even take home the grand prize!)
- 3. The opportunity to participate in the work of BAST, either in committees or local.
- 4. And much more to come…
- I would like to register for Belgian Association of Surgical Trainees (BAST) only, membership valid until August 31st, 2017
Full RBSS + BAST membershipIncludes the following advantages on top of our standard membership package
- The yearly fee for RBSS + BAST block membership is € 60 (an RBSS membership usually costs €50) and includes the following advantages on top of our standard membership package:
- 1. Reduced attendance fee for the Belgian Surgical week (BSW) and Surgical Night. At the 2016 BSW the difference between members and non-members of the RBSS was € 70 for 1 and € 80 for 2 ½ days registration; this difference will further increase in the future.
- 2. Easier access to the Belgian surgical network
- 3. Free subscription to the “Acta Chirurgica Belgica” (six issues annually)
- 4. Access to grants such as the Young Investigators Award at BSW
- 5. Access to postgraduate courses organized annually by the different sections of the RBSS (Belgian Section of Upper GI Tract Surgery, Hepato-pancreatico-biliary Surgery, Colorectal surgery, Abdominal wall surgery, Metabolic and obesity surgery etc…)
- I would like to register for both the BAST and Royal Belgian Society of Surgery (www.rbss.be) (now €60, normal price €70) – membership until August 31st, 2017